Brand: Back to the Roots
- Grow gourmet, organic oyster mushrooms right out of the box in just 10 days! Just open the box, mist with water, and harvest 10 days later. The Mushroom Farm lasts for months in the box unopened, making a great gift item for kids, families, foodies & chefs!
- Growing your own mushrooms has never been easier - the mushroom garden includes organic, plant-based soil inside (yields multiple crops!), oyster mushroom spawn, a spray mister for easy watering, and organic heirloom tomato seeds to grow with your composted mushroom kit.
- Learn more about mycology and the science inside your home mushroom garden - download the Mushroom Farm curriculum at backtotheroots.com for lessons on how mushrooms grow, their role in our ecosystem, and a daily log to track your mushrooms as they grow.
- Grow One, Give One! Submit a photo of your growing Mushroom Farm - for every photo Back to the Roots receives, they donate one to a classroom of your choice. Upload your photo at backtotheroots.com/giveone.
- Cook homegrown! Once you harvest your mushrooms, visit backtotheroots.com for mouthwatering mushroom recipe ideas - from mushroom tacos to sushi, burgers, ramen, and more - there's an oyster mushroom recipe for every palette!
Details: Back to the Roots is on a mission to Undo Food. In a college class, we learned mushrooms could grow entirely on spent coffee grounds. After watching hours of how-to videos and turning our fraternity kitchen into a big science experiment, we eventually decided to give up our corporate job offers to instead become full-time mushroom farmers. What started as curiosity about urban farming has turned into a passion to Undo Food and reconnect families back to where it comes from.